Thursday, July 15, 2010

In the Beginning...

This is the official start of my blog. Wow...this is crazy. I've been going back and forth on this for days, weeks, months even with this process. Generally I'm a very private person, however the more and more I tune in as a healer, I find more comfort sharing myself, life and experiences.

I was inspired this last Martin Luther King, Jr day while watching the "I Have A Dream" speech. (Which I watch every year) While watching the speech I was suddenly overwhelmed with a sense of freedom. True freedom. In my mind, I'm blown way with this feeling. Being of mix races, white and black there's been plenty of situations that have lead to many positive and negative circumstance. But, with this Freedom knowledge/understanding that I have a real platform to be a true healer. Freedom to open heart in order to share my life, experiences, accomplishment and faith world.

Having spent 15 or so years within a "professional" career I constantly struggled with balancing a spiritual understanding and career orientated mindset. While this struggle was taking place, there was never a feeling of empowerment to be or have a voice. Now, in my 34th year I'm here.

Over a year ago I remember sitting in an office with the thought, "I've been doing this career for 15 years, since high school...what else do I know to do?" At that point I set an intention for myself to make a positive difference in the world. To create a life that will utilize my energies to heal rather then to help a company or organization strive for a financial profit. With help via divine source I found Yoga. With it's philosophies, physical practices, traditions yoga has expanded the light within me ten fold. This platform to help others heal utilizing my voice, energies and being. Sat Nam

I share an excerpt of the speech...gets me every time:

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" - Martin Luther King, Jr.



So here you go, this is me...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your courage and for your generosity in sharing you and your thoughts and feelings with us. By doing so, you encourage others to step out of their own shadows and not only "own" their light, but hold the torch up high so that it illuminates great space around them, and in doing so, helps light the path for others. One day we will be a world of torch bearers.

    ReplyDelete