Friday, July 16, 2010

Dreams, Reality and Death...

This afternoon I went and saw Inception with Mr. DiCaprio. It's been an extremely long time since a movie has tickled my mind like this one. Since walking out of the theater my mind has been going a mile a minute. Assimilating the possibilities. Without giving away details of the movie, for those that might want to see it...I've come to three major categories that bubbled to the surface for me after watching it. Dreams, Reality and Death. The movie invoked a lot of thought as you will see in the follow text and it's gonna drive me nuts until I spell it all out.

Dreams; I've heard many say that dreams are reflections of our subconscious mind. That dreams are unanswered questions within ourselves and lives. That if we look close enough we can learn life lessons from the pictures our dreams paint on the canvas of our minds. I say "yes." I've spent many a mornings/afternoons/night trying to figure out what dreams I've had could mean and how they could relate to my life. So, here's my questions, what kind of dreamer are you? I'm a very vivid dreamer...the majority of the time I would describe the dreams that I have are like Stephen King novels. Very lifelike, very strange, very creepy at times. Do you dream in color? I have very colorful dreams. Often times, one particular color will stand out above all. For instance, I was dreaming the other night that I was at the dentist having a tooth extracted; I was actually in the process of waking up from a dream as the dentist was pulling a tooth and if that wasn't creepy enough the blood coming from the open socket from where the tooth once rested was a deep deep red color. Do you remember your dreams? I heard it said that if you repeat the words, "I will remember my dreams" right before you go to bed then, like magic you will. When I was originally told that, maybe back in high school I was wowed by the concept behind it. Now, I see that one is simply implanting a suggestion into the subconscious. It's still pretty cool. Typically I remember all my dreams...the ones that throw me for a loop it can keep my mind going for days. How many layers of dream states do you think we could possibly reach? I found it pretty interesting that within the dream I described above at the dentist office, I was dreaming that I was dreaming as I was waking up and then woke up. I KNOW crazy right?! This was before I even saw this movie.

Reality, oh how I love this topic. One could get lost for days on this subject so I'll keep it light. I think one of the key components to our reality it the concept of time. Time, with the ability to track each and every second/millisecond does may in fact keep us sane. One night I started meditating on the question and concept of time. Oh boy did that take me on a wild ride...try it sometime. I ask so many questions and attempted to follow the answer to where it led me. Where does time begin? Where does time end? and the big doozy of'em all, What would it be like if there was not time?

Death, the thought process for me that was sparked by this movie this afternoon was this, within curtain concept of dreams we die then we simply wake up. Wake up to a new time and space from one dream to another. Being that I've witness the process of death as my father and grandfather passed away in 2006, I've thought about this one quite a bit. Defendantly a lot more after they both went. Within several cultures, religions, beliefs...I find that there is some idea of the above to be true. Is there the possibility of transitioning from one plane/reality to the next?Reincarnation, purgatory, heaven, hell, multi-dimensionally, paradise, there is no way of knowing tell we get there. (And once we are, will we remember this one?) As the transition of both father and grandfather was extremely hard for me, you will be hearing more on the subject in further blogs. But I think that with death there is a transition, transition of the individual and transition of the collective. For if there was not death, there would be no life. Understanding death, we understand how to honor and enjoy life.

See...see! I recommend this movie. Acting and visuals were great too.

Namaste






No comments:

Post a Comment